Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pals, Yarn and Wishing

A long overdue thank you goes my to my SSP in the Yarn Focus Challenge.

Nancy, you spoiled me with yarn and toys that I simply adore!




I've wanted to try Hemp since I first saw it! Stop that you! You know who you are. I'm thinking of knitting a tote from this, as well as, a table runner in a nice lacy pattern. Has anyone knit with hemp before? This generous amount, Thank you Nancy, will allow me plenty of ideas! If anyone has knit with this, I'd love to hear your input! The candy Nancy sent WAS very yummy. Nancy, was that made from cactus the box is long gone. It's a local treat and I love sampling local treats.

The sheepies are just adorable, The Pez dispenser is on my most used knitting bag already and the big guy talks! Linus thinks the sheep is talking to him so he's very happy to have a new friend see? He's pleased as hail.



Nancy, thanks so much for making my first secret pal swap so much fun! It's also nice to have a new cyberbud. Mwah!

Another long overdue thanks goes to Tani for sending me some yarn to make baby items and chemo caps.



I always believe what goes around, comes around. We reap what we sew. One good turn deserves another. Tani sent this so others would end up feeling warm and loved. So the yarn came from her neck of the woods to FL, will be knit up and sent back to her neck of the woods to warm little heads at a children's hospital where the mom of one of my buds in my knitting group works. Small world huh? And if that weren't enough, Tani has won herself some yarny goodness from a contest she entered. Yep, it went back around. Thank you Tani. Mwah!

Another pal of mine is having a contest! You still have time to get to FKD'sand wish her a happy blogiversary and be entered to win yarny prizes! Her knits alone are worth the click!

Enough of all this gushy stuff! Tomorrow at 11, I find out the fate of my position at work. Me and EVERYone else all at once, called to a mass burial meeting. Looks ominous, but hey? What can I do? I think I'll go get some search tips from The Bez. She can have you moved out, relocated and settled in before you notice something in life had changed.

Now Michelle, don't pass out, but I've joined and actually finished an item in a KAL. Yes I did. I didn't photograph it yet, because I had to jump on the PC to get this post in before the young teen gets on and that could take all night. If you're looking for a fun but light duty KAL, this is it.



Fun Knitting Dishcloths

Yep, that's it. If I can finish something, anyone can.

I know I always complain about my job taking up my knitting time, but it really comes in handy for things like, oh, buying yarn, books, food that kind of stuff but I'd really like to keep it please. Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, all those goodies you've received - you're a lucky girl indeed! All that yarn looks so awesome! I haven't knit with hemp before but heard (and read) only praise, so I'm sure you're going to enjoy it big time! Have fun!

Robin said...

Have fun with the hemp!! Is that the chocolate brown color I spy?

Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow!

QueSarah said...

Wow! Check out the loot! I love the pez - too cute!!
Best of luck tomorrow - I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed (Dutchess has her paws crossed for you too!). Keep us posted, they've dragged this out for far too long!

Debi said...

The hemp is like linen...not the easiest knit but a very nice end result. Thanks for the shout out grrlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I hope it all goes well tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. x

Michelle Martino said...

You're in my thoughts Carol! In the end you know we're never given anything that we can't handle and you are certainly a very talented woman. Keep us posted!

Bezzie said...

Good luck in the meeting! If they introduce you to a couple of "consultants" named Bob, it might be time to pack the stapler!

Unemployment is nice--except for that lack of money thing. Sigh!

Bridget said...

Best of luck with the job thing. I'm sure that you'll land on your feet either way.

The expression on the cat's face is priceless!

Kristy said...

I read this just in time to send you good vibes before your meeting! I hope everything goes well.

Scarlett said...

Cool dishcloth, will have to snag some of those, since my KAL's have been so so.

Hope that work goes as you wish. I been thru some layoffs and they are tough.