Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Enough of That Whining, Time for Fun



Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement as I transition from the land of the Movers and the Shakers to the land of the job seekers. Don't feel sorry for me, I'll be working through the end of summer and I got a really nice package. I may even get some time off if I'm lucky. I'm just amazed at the things I think about under duress. I secretly envisioned myself sitting in a clean house, both fridgies fully stocked, nothing to do but knit and blog.

Now for the fun part. Thursday is my blogiversary and to celebrate, I'm throwing a party contest. I have 2 nice yarny prizes, I just have to figure out what the contest will be. One will definitely be a random draw simply because it's simple. Like me.

Random thought while contemplating what I want to be when I grow up:
If nuts are found in a nutshell, why isn't there salt water in a seashell?

13 comments:

Craftybernie said...

Hey there!

I'm just about to celebrate my 1 year blogiversary.

I can't believe it's been a year already. That's when I returned to knitting too! So I guess it's my knittyblogiversary! Phew!

Have fun.

Michelle Martino said...

GIRLFRIEND! YOU are becoming quite computer savvvvvvvyyyyyy! Wow! Share share that's fair....how did you do the fantabulous photo spread and where are the photos from??? Lookin' good hunny bunny. Geezzzzz you get some time off and who knows what grandios hoopla we'll have!!!

Melody said...

ooo. i do love a contest & a prize! my blogivesary is around the corner as well - hmmm. it gets me thinking. your visual DNA.. lots o fun isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I loved that 1st paragrah - so positive! You WILL be ok!

And YAY Blogiversary - although I never win anything...

PS: Michelle, click on the GET YOUR OWN VISUAL DNA link.

hillary said...

What a great way to celebrate an anniversary. I have to say that I admire your positive outlook on the job situation.

Alison said...

Yay for you for staying upbeat, and happy blogiversary!
Happy knitting,
ali
(who just stumbled by following link after link...)
www.skeinsherway.com

Bezzie said...

Yup, you'll find something quick...things are starting to pick up for me. I just have to remember that it takes a few weeks for those seedling resumes to blossom into real job leads.

Bridget said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm glad that you are at the point of realizing that all is not lost.

As for your random question, I think the answer is similar to the answer to the question, why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway ...

Kim in Oregon said...

OOh! A contest! Happy blogawhatsit.

Sonya said...

Happy blogiversay! I think the idea of a clean house, stocked kitchen, and nothing to do but knit sounds perfect. If I ever win the lottery, that's exactly what I'll do.

Roseann said...

I'm so glad to hear everything is going well for you and that you had a great time at the Flaming Lips concert. I see lots of knitting in your future!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogbday. And isn't there salt water in seashells? When they come from the ocean? Ne?

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, and yay for many more great entries! Hey, I totally loved this DNA-thing that you shared - will have to go doing mine too now ;)