Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wednesday Mix

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphia as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Northeast
The Midland
The Inland North
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes



OK Quizilla, ya got me. Guess you can take the girl out of Philly...


There has been shopping:






This is from the talented hands of Scout. She dyed this especially for Socktoberfest in a generous skein of 500 yards, (Superwash Merino/Nylon) enough for a pair of knee socks. She put up some extras cause everyone was crazy for these. Me included. I also purchased the Go Knit Pouch in Meg's favorite colors in an attempt to have her join the knitting fold. She has to learn to knit to get it.

Check out Scout's Swag though, she's added some really cool stuff to her site. (No affiliation), just sharing.

Speaking of really nice yarn, I won some gorgeous handspun from Jenn Wisbeck at Midnight Sky Fibers just for a little donation I made to Heifer International! I scored Jenn's Handspun Luminescent Haze in colors I love! If you want to help out entire families for a small donation, go to Wendy's, all the info is in her sidebar. She's done a great thing there and has some beautiful prizes as well! It only takes a minute...I'll wait




Not speaking of yarn, I spent the whole weekendwasting my time cleaning my ass offpurging "stuff" and cleaning. I did manage to piece together some fabric strips for the Tailgate Rag Rug

I would love to have finished one by now. Do you have to start something to finish it? I did start a hat for B, but it's not finished yet.




BTW, if you have a ball winder, they work great with fabric strips too!


Also finished, is my very first wearable! But I have no intention of wearing it.





This is the Baby Bolero from One Skein.

This was so easy, even I could do it! Next, hat & booties and this baby (set) is done! To see how versatile this pattern can be, go see Possessed To Knit,

Roseann is a much more experienced knitter than I, and she made it her way. She also explains very clearly what she does different to make it the way she did. It's quite beautiful I must say.

Speaking of things done, have you seen what Cara is doing now? She's a genius. If you've not seen her Log Cabin Afghan, you should check it out..really.


And just because it's Wednesday, something random.



This was taken last week, so it's still pretty hot here. Lows are mid to upper 60s and highs are low 80s. We're supposed to cool off a little soon, c'mon already! Have a great rest of the week and stay warm or cool, whatever it takes...

8 comments:

Bridget said...

So does this mean you say "shtreet" intead of "street"???

The bolero is adorable ... I really should buy that book ...

Anonymous said...

Your bolero is very cute! I like the color and the little lacy bit. Congratulations on winning a Heifer prize from Wendy, I'm glad to know one of the winners!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for linking to me, Carol, I am truly flattered. You are very generous & kind.

Matching hat and booties will be so nice to complete the set. For my bolero, there were only 2 skeins in the light pink and the bolero took up just about all of it.

Anonymous said...

Love the bolero, as well as the pictures of the skein with the teddy bear.

To answer your question....I don't think you have to finish something once you start it. If you do, I am in serious trouble. It seems that everytime I pick up a craft project, I get into enough to learn the basics and then I put it down again...never to pick it up again.

So, no...no worries!! :-)

Anonymous said...

the bolero is adorable... I'll have to check that out... I have several expecting parent friends.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

lv2knit said...

I love your bolero -- I've seen others but yours looks nicer than some of them. Thanks for the tip on other uses for my ball winder (possibly the world's greatest invention next to the swift!). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Carol said...

Dear lv2knit,

*blushing*
I can't find out who you are! I just wanted to say thank you and hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving!

Robin said...

What does a Philly accent sound like? It told me I was Inland North, which is spot on too. That quiz is amazing!