Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Silly Strings and Contests and Things or How I Got Back in Action Thanks to Bloggers

I'm in a stringy kind of mood. Maybe it's the impending summer. Nah...Just as I feeling enamored with making a string bag, the one Trek (who's having a CONTEST by the way- go there!) was making to be exact, along comes an along. That kind of writing would only fly on a knit blog for sure. All you have to do is leave a comment on Trek's blog to be entered! Easy, no?

Erin started a String Along and I joined. Shocking...I did a silly thing, having been a crocheter for more years than I'd openly admit to, I was crocheting away and realized I was quickly running out of yarn. Doh! Trek, this photo's for you.



A real shame too; I was itching to make something from this lone skein of Eisaku Noro gifted me by one of my friends. Luckily, I have 4 skeins of LKD Hemp again, gifted to me by Nancyin a Secret Pal Swap and I wanted to make something open and airy with it. Nancy, I knew something nice would come of that yarn, thank you again!

The Along that came to me today was developed by Erin who invites anyone wishing to String It Along with us to join. Knit, crochet or other. It's fun and a GREEN thing for me. I love planet conscious endeavors and being "green" seems to be the catch phrase of the month.

The other contest I just found out about is going on at Ali’s blog. She's celebrating her first published pattern that's a real beauty along with the yarn to make it. Please tell her I sent you?! That's part of the contest. The other part is listing your summer knitting goals so here's mine:

1. Join the String it Along blog and make at least 3 or 4 bags

2. Speaking of bags, I want a couple of purses while I'm at it.

3. Work on my UFO Resurrection items: Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl and the Ribbon Tank.

4. To make something from a pattern that I've tweaked to make a custom fit. I don't what, just as long as I improve on my knitting skills and maybe surprise myself.

5. Continue with the girl's afghans so they may be able to use them this winter.
hahahahahahaha winter, Florida hahahahahahahaha

6. Continue squares for the Precious Parcels Project (in the sidebar)

I could go on and on, but couldn't we all? I also treated myself to The Color Collection
by Cara. Go see, they're really nice! I mean what kind of fiber fool would I be sending cards to people without fiber on them?

Have a terrific weekend!

13 comments:

hillary said...

Nice list. I'm trying really hard not to catch the crochet bug but I have a really big project that's bubbling to the top. I must resist.

Melody said...

nice summer goals. crochet. tried it this weekend, and i think I have a callous on my finger from holding that hook so tight.

Anonymous said...

Oh please, not you too!!? I'm trying to keep away from crochet - I have too many addictions as it is knitting, dyeing, sewing, knitting, beading, knitting...)! Crochet will be the end of me. THE END! :)

Roseann said...

You crochet beautifully, very inspirational. I look forward to seeing your summer tank top & forest canopy projects. I hope you have a fibery holiday weekend.

erin said...

I used to ceochet before i learned to knit. Now I have a plate in my arm, (due to being a major klutz) and crochet is painful, so all of my bags will be knitted, but I cannot wait to see the string bags.

kaoticorchid said...

How cool! Glad to see you posting again. I thought the winter in Florida joke was funny, too. Hey, I'm going to go pick up an orchid my step-dad got for me this weekend that will be on my blog Monday-ya ought to swing by then and check it out!

Anonymous said...

This is certainly an impressive list - good luck with it! And I really love your crocheting, it looks so beautiful and fragile, very unique!

QueSarah said...

Your crocheting is so beautiful! Quite an impressive list, there's no way I'd compile one - it'd be to definite.. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl... so, um.. yeah, good luck ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! Just wanted to pop in and let you know you don't need to send out the police! I'm alive and well, and finally updated my blog. :D

Robin said...

That's a neat crochet circle - pretty!

Anonymous said...

This is just the kind of project I pictured when I got the hemp for you. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Nancy

QueSarah said...

TAG!!!

You're it!!!

www.Jupitrpixie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh what great summer goals. Mine seem to be changing with the wind which shifts every 5 minutes. :-)

Hope you had a great weekend.