Erin started a String Along and I joined. Shocking...I did a silly thing, having been a crocheter for more years than I'd openly admit to, I was crocheting away and realized I was quickly running out of yarn. Doh! Trek, this photo's for you.
A real shame too; I was itching to make something from this lone skein of Eisaku Noro gifted me by one of my friends. Luckily, I have 4 skeins of LKD Hemp again, gifted to me by Nancyin a Secret Pal Swap and I wanted to make something open and airy with it. Nancy, I knew something nice would come of that yarn, thank you again!
The Along that came to me today was developed by Erin who invites anyone wishing to String It Along with us to join. Knit, crochet or other. It's fun and a GREEN thing for me. I love planet conscious endeavors and being "green" seems to be the catch phrase of the month.
The other contest I just found out about is going on at Ali’s blog. She's celebrating her first published pattern that's a real beauty along with the yarn to make it. Please tell her I sent you?! That's part of the contest. The other part is listing your summer knitting goals so here's mine:
1. Join the String it Along blog and make at least 3 or 4 bags
2. Speaking of bags, I want a couple of purses while I'm at it.
3. Work on my UFO Resurrection items: Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl and the Ribbon Tank.
4. To make something from a pattern that I've tweaked to make a custom fit. I don't what, just as long as I improve on my knitting skills and maybe surprise myself.
5. Continue with the girl's afghans so they may be able to use them this winter.
hahahahahahaha winter, Florida hahahahahahahaha
6. Continue squares for the Precious Parcels Project (in the sidebar)
I could go on and on, but couldn't we all? I also treated myself to The Color Collection
by Cara. Go see, they're really nice! I mean what kind of fiber fool would I be sending cards to people without fiber on them?
Have a terrific weekend!