Friday, March 30, 2007

Stupit Is As Stupit Did

My apologies to all of you who did not get a response to your comments in the last few posts. You see, I posted, then posted again and again. After a week went by without a comment received or an email notifying me of a comment received, I heard crickets chirping. Many. Crickets. Chirping. I pouted a little.

Then I thought, who did I piss off? Have I been blackballed from the knitting blog community? I pouted like a five year old who had their blankie ripped from their hands. You know the pout before the tears start?

Then, while tweaking the template to do some spring cleaning, I realized I had set my comments to moderate mode-no comments, no emails unless I log in and look for them. Like I said, stupid is as stupid did.

I leave comments on many blogs that I enjoy reading and some folks don't reply back, these folks usually get dozens or more comments a day and I don't blame them a bit. Imagine the Harlot responding to every single comment? She does read them though. Ask a knitting question, she will answer. Amazing.

So I was happy as a clam (are clams really happy?) to see my favorite cyber pal's comments flood my in box and thought again (dangerous activity here)they must think I'm so rude. So I have to say I'm sorry you guys, you know I always respond to your comments and enjoy the banter we sometimes share.

There is knitting going on, a small portion is stealth knitting and remains out of radar for now.

A better post tomorrow, but once again my yarn ticker says I have not been good. Who am I kidding? Now I'm at risk of being blogmentally challenged AND have no will power whatsoever.

Keep them coming please, I missed you

17 comments:

Michelle Martino said...

Girly girl, don't ya remember the tune," Ya better not pout, ya better not cry?"
geeeeeeeeezzzz do I have to tell ya everything?!
tee hee glad your' amongst the living.. I was gettin' a tad tired of your snowflakes :)

Debi said...

No more crickets! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooops, I'm one of those bloggers who doesn't reply via email (unless I'm asked a specific question), but I'll always visit the commenters blog and leave them a comment. ALWAYS!

I'm glad you're back - was about to become slightly... hysterical!!

kaoticorchid said...

Lol, that's the most hilarious thing that I've read all day!

Bridget said...

Don't feel bad - I have inadvertently done all kinds of weird stuff with the new Blogger ...

Someday, I'll figure it out. Or at least figure out how to stop making the same stupid mistakes ...

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Before I joined the blogging community, I never knew how much fun I'd have getting and leaving comments. We do come to expect them, don't we! ;)

Anonymous said...

Still reading. No worries!

Melody said...

that's funny.. it was like you almost played an April Fools Joke on yourself. still here ;) have a great weekend.

Kim in Oregon said...

Yeah. New Blogger. A bit of a pain.

skully said...

YAY! New post from Carol!

STEALTH KNITTING RULES!!!!!!!

Sonya said...

I hardly ever left comments before I had my own blog. Now I know how wonderful they are! What would life be without these fun little glitches? ;o)

Kristy said...

That sounds like an awful couple of days! I always worry a little bit about my post until I get at least one comment :) I'm glad things are fixed and peace of mind is restored.

Roseann said...

I thought maybe you were having spam problems & started moderating your comments, glad to see everything is back on track, including your knitting!

Thank you for your nice comment about Candice.

QueSarah said...

Hehe... It happens ;-)
If I had a yarn ticker it would be set at a constant zero... that's why I don't. I say stash away - it makes us feel good!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, my friend - after all, we're all still here to read and comment!;) Aren't comments so wonderful? I equally love receiving and giving/writing them - it shows that people out there care for what we write, what we do, what we knit, and it just makes us feel so good, doesn't it?

Coffespaz said...

Yikes, sounds like you have had a month or two. Don't fret though, things always work out for the better, regardless of how we think they should work out. Keep us posted.

barbp said...

I know that I'm so late to catch up but catching up I'm doing. I have some of that Daria Multi and haven't finished my project I started er about 3 years ago. (Bad knitter) I know that I didn't return comments from a couple of my posts either - it's that funk. I so enjoy hearing from you though.