Sunday, January 14, 2007

All Hats All The Time

Before the hats, I was tagged by Kim to post 6 weird things about me. Hee hee, 6.

THE RULES: Each player starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog. Since many have done this already, if you wish to bear it all, consider yourself tagged! And if you do this, please leave me a comment so I can see how weird you are!

1. I have an unhealthy attachment to stuffed animals. Really, they're like pets to me. I also like real animals more than human ones most of the time.

2. Brian happily pointed out that when I use a lighter, I blow it out after I light something. So sue me, I have a fire thing.

3. Brian also happily pointed out I have a peculiar way of bowling. I'm left handed by thought process and eat, write and perform other main functions that way. I can only use my right hand for knitting, crocheting, using a scissor or calculators and phone keying. I also bowl right handed, so he notes when I "take off" for the throw, I have a little "hop". Whatever gets the strike baby.

4. I can sense when there is a spider in the room. I get a creepy skin crawly feeling and no matter where it is, I look right at it. Then I scream.

5. My learning process is such that if you teach me something relatively simple, I may ask again about it, however, if learning something complex, it clicks and I can run with it and even expand on it if possible. Logic and common sense are my friends. So is silliness.

6. I'm going through THE change. If that's not weird, nothing is. I still feel twenty-something most of the time. I refuse to grow up-no fun.

The hat knitting has begun again, this time for Kate. The yarn has been caked...my fiber map of immediate knitting plans if you will...




I don't know what that red thing is, probably a strand of Fun Fur trapped in the camera.





I call the red & white one Cat in the Hat meets the Grinch.

I realized this little hat was not meant to be for a big kid, so this one goes to my knitting group for our local children's hospital. Hard to tell how much yarn is in a furry ball.



The garden set was given to me by Rosemarie, the best next door neighbor anyone could ask for. She visited family in MA, and brought it back! We do lots of planting things together and she's an avid crocheter. Like I said, can not ask for better!

Now for something that struck me as funny. If you remember, Ann traveled to London and experienced the horror of having a personal belonging taken from her at the airport.

One night while planning for a project, I noticed this: Click on the pic for a closeup and look at the bottom.



I think not. Ann will tell you, they're not ALLOWED to travel the world. At least not by plane.

Now for yarnography. I bought yarn with Christmas money before Dec 31, and it's sock yarn. This in no way violates the rules for either of the Knit From Stash promises I made.

I love Tarzhay! It's hand dyed by Scout, and I told her many times, I loved this color since I first laid eyes on it. I even have the perfect pattern for it too. I don't think anyone will for forget The Blue Moon Incident of 2007. Once again the power of bloggers rocked some worlds and now they are back to business as unusual.



And just because...

Not stuffed

Coming next ...hats.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! You've got a spidey sense!

Love your fluff of hats. That second bear looks like he's sporting a 'fro!

Bridget said...

What's so weird about 1 and 2 (she said, recognizing herself ...)???

I'm left-handed too, but I also bowl left-handed. Which is a pain, since most bowling alley bowling balls have the holes drilled for right-handed people.

Looks like you are going to be a hat knittin' fool! Good luck.

And the kitty picture is excellent!

Anonymous said...

I don't think any of your things are weird, I think I do the little hop when I bowl too. We might be secret sisters.

And I think our cats are secret sisters too.

I did the blue moon socks with the fairgrounds colorway...they were SO MUCH FUN to do!

Robin said...

Nice hats! Such a good cause too.

I have hats on the brain too, and am thinking about making another Bonne Marie bucket hat as I got a lot of compliments on the brown one I made.

kaoticorchid said...

Lovely kitty! Love the sock yarn...it's so colorful! And no, violet was not the answer, it was Spank Me Pink.

Michelle Martino said...

There u b! I've been lookin' all over for ya. Next time how bout a photo of your lovely self sportin' one of those cute hats?

Anonymous said...

That Tarzhay yarn is so pretty!!! I imagine you will be winding it up very soon. I have gone 15 days without buying yarn, and though sock yarn is permitted KFYS 2007, I have so much sock yarn already. Your yarn makes me want to shop!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the hats on the bears, and that kitty face at the end, priceless.

Anonymous said...

#4 - me too, me too!!

Love the hats. And good on you my friend - you put the rest of us to shame!
(I'm mentioning you and your good deeds in my next post.) x

Lucia said...

Great hats! Give us more, but throw a sock pic in there too :).

firefly said...

Those weird things about you ... no wonder I like you so much.

What a fun blog, and the hat program looks like lots of fun. The various shots with the teddy bear are so very cool.

Best,
firefly

Anonymous said...

Love the hats and nice garden collection. That's some lovely stash enhancement there my friend.

Anonymous said...

Your knitting looks so gorgeous as usual - beautiful hats!
And I so enjoyed reading through your list of "6 weird things" - I can *so* relate to #1!

Anonymous said...

beautiful yarn! I think its funny that you can sense a spiders presence... is that like.... Spidey-sense (from spiderman)

Anonymous said...

That Tarzhay is pretty amazing. Can't wait to see what it turns into.

Anonymous said...

weird? nah. i think normal is boring.

the hats are a hoot! i bet the kids will love them. oh, and that sock yarn! *swoon*....i will not buy more yarn, i will not buy more yarn....(who am i kidding?)

Bonne Marie said...

True confession: I have a big Scooby Doo stuffed dog that *lives* on my bed. Sometimes, I wake up and his head is on my pillow. Weird. #7. Hee :)

erin said...

when I was little, I was amibdexrious, so even though I'm right handed, I have quite a few trhings I do left handed. It really does weird people out, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Was about to come over here and check if all is well - then I saw your comment on my blog. x

Unknown said...

Those hats are absolutely adorable. Especially on teddy bears. They would be even cuter if they were on home made teddy bears though.