Saturday, December 16, 2006
After getting my butt kicked by the flu, I think I can resume Christmas festivities. This is the longest time I've gone without posting and I think Michelle believes I've disappeared.
Speaking of Michelle, sweetie pie, you made me feel like a million skeins of yarn when I saw this:
Would you look at the bag? It's knitted! I'll also have good supplies to document the festivities in the scrapbook and look at those gift tags! Purses! Uh that lovely Regia sock yarn is now being compromised to Megan who really wants socks from it! The coffee is all gone, Michelle, you KNOW what I like! A million thank yous! And I know yous is now a word cause it's in the dictionary. Not mine, but it's in the new one. And now for something completely related:
A holiday meme that I first read at Maryse's.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with marshmallows please.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? They're wrapped and in the most imaginable ways possible. We've given shirts in pizza boxes. They were not used for pizza!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Both. White outside-it's the only thing that makes it seem cold. Colored on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes
5. When do you put your decorations up? Depends. I like them up as soon after Thanksgiving as possible.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Christmas eve-traditional Italian feast baby!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The Christmas morning we woke up and there was three feet of snow! It was just like in the movie Christmas Story when Ralphie looked out the window and proclaimed, "Wow!".
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember, but I was about 6. It was & still is, hard to keep things from me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes sort of. Christmas eve at one SIL's, then ours are opened Christmas morning, then more at other SIL's in the evening. We're rather spoiled over here.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, wood bead garlands and many ornaments that were handmade through the years. Before children, I actually cross stitched ornaments. HA
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It would make front page news across the US if it snowed here. So I guess we'd love it.
12. Can you ice skate? Are you kidding? I can barely walk with grace.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, a piano.
14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? The spirit of it all.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to Karen's Christmas eve, to Eileen's Christmas evening then crashing on the 26th.
17. What tops your tree? An angel, I really hate doing that to her though.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I always wanted to be Santa Clause.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love them all, but Nat King Cole's Christmas Song.
20. Candy canes yuck or yum? Yum, but only one per year is necessary.
21. What's number one on your Christmas list this year? That ALL our troops would be home with their families.
Now a little Christmas knitting that I said I wasn't going to do. A scarf for my four year old niece, cause she loves to play dress up. A pair of fingerless mitts for a co-worker who lives in Michigan. I also made a "goth" stocking for daughter 1's boyfriend.
I added another project to my list after making this:
I have a snowman collection, so when I had three sea urchins in my craft stash, this just popped into my little mind. Some things just come out as you envision them. I hope my knitting will too. I went and joined a knitalong, I must be insane.
Since I'm also joining in on THIS knitalong or should I say diet along, which also coincides with THISI better hurry and get the yarn. This is going to be a year that will test my very will. Integrity I'm not worried about, I'll tell if I slip.