Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Get a Yob

Bum no more! Through a former job contact, I am now the proud owner of a brand new job doing what I like and what I'm good at. Just doesn't get any better. Now I can have my nerves reset to the relax mode. And since I had a contest mentioned on this post, I can announce the winner! The official count was 53 days. Ashley guessed within 4 days! I wished I would have listened to you Ashley, I could have had a grand time while home. Well Ashley, I'll be sending the yarn you've chosen and the awesome stitch markers made by the fabulous and talented Torii! I just have to take another photo because for some reason, they don't want to appear.

Torii must have worked some magic on those babies. Oh, speaking of babies, the stealth projects are no longer under the radar. Right before the Clapotis, there was this:




Beth’s Little Star Afghan Crocheted with Caron Simply soft and an H hook. Mom's name is Beth and I like crochet that's unusual. No thinking about this one. I loved working on it and it was a fast project.

Also for baby Z, mom wanted these: Diaper soaker before felting





The pattern: Day-to-Night Felted Soaker and I know I have a felted pic somewhere. I'll just pop it into the next post.


Knit with Lion wool 1 skein each black and denim blue then machine felted. It will be held closed with Velcro until baby Z figures out the joy of pulling off his clothes. heh, heh

For mom,


Hello Kitty Cloth from Peaches n Creme and of course a matching cloth for baby.

While I was working cloths, I finished a few for Rabbitch who is distributing them to those in need.






Pattern here.


So the mad scramble begins before I'm back to work. I sure am going to miss home cooked lunches and naps right after.

27 comments:

Michelle Martino said...

congrats you busy little bugger! lookee all you've done whilst livin' off the fat o' the land... now when does the new job start? I hope that now that the pressure is off we will be seeing a bit more of you... i was starting to think you were a figment of my imagination! :)
nice figment, but figment non-the-less

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, fun projects! Lucky you for having time to play with needles...

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Congrats on your new Yob! :)

Ann said...

Congratulations on your new job! Wow, so many FOs - you must be knitting a lot & they all look great.

Marina said...

Yay! Congrats on the job! Glad you ended up with something you enjoy.

The star blankie is adorable!

Hockey Mom said...

Congratulations on the new job! Woo hoo! No more rice-a-roni! No more Tuna Helper! Heh. Just kidding.

The blanket is beyond adorable.

Bridget said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that you are going to be doing something you like to be doing!

That blanket is beautiful, and wow you have been busy ...

I'll have to try the Hello Kitty pattern for Sebastian's mom, who is obsessed with Hello Kitty, thanks for the link.

Melody said...

a yob? you got a yob! congrats... i know you were sick of staying at home knitting like a crazy lady!

vagabond bettie said...

wooooooooot! I put a tribute to you on my blog as soon as I found out! You go girl!!!!!

Opal said...

Congratulations on your new job. I think it's so important to work at something you enjoy. :)

hillary said...

Yay! Congrats on finding a new job. That must be a huge relief.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you. And I love your little afghan, it almost makes me wish I crocheted.

~Molly~ said...

Alrighty then, a YOB!!! And a free pattern for that star, which is absolutely beautiful, by the way.

Molly

Debi said...

I love the blankie and the angel and best of all, your new YOB!! I'm drinking a Diet Yoke in celebration :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carol! I knew it was only a matter of time until someone snapped you up! x

Bezzie said...

YAY! What a relief!

Marin (AntiM) said...

Yea, work! Or... not?

I know, I've been unemployed, but doesn't it seem counter-intuitive to cheer for the grind?

Thank you for the Hello Kitty washcloth - my buddy Kelley is a big HK fan and I'll make her one for Christmas.

Coffespaz said...

HOORAY!!! Congratulations. I really hope it turns out to be all you are hoping it will be.

Lynn said...

Ok I was close! I said 62 days and it was 53. However what day will you actually be going into work?? I bet you hit 62 days!! LOL
Also, great projects you've got done!

Jenni said...

Congratulations! I love your finished objects!

skully said...

i'm so happy carol! make sure your new job understands there will be no working on monday nights!

Roseann said...

Congratulations on your new job!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your well-deserved break, you have been amazingly productive. I look forward to reading about your new work and new projects.

.: tani :. said...

con-job-u-la-tions! ok, i admit, cheesey...but nonetheless, i'm thrilled for you! i love the crocheted blanket! isn't it nice how quickly you can make something up?! did you see that there is a vogue crochet stitch dictionary coming out, by the way? have i mentioned this before?

Big Alice said...

WOOOOOOO! Congratulations on the new job!

Lucia said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job! (I was really close.) I love the afghan, too.

Robin said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job!

kaoticorchid said...

Congrats on your new job! The FO's are great! I was just thinking about making one of those crocheted star afghans the other day-it's always to have baby blankets on hand for gifts! What great stash busters they are, too!