Monday, November 20, 2006

Testing, Testing

One great thing about being a relatively new knitter, how long do I get to milk this new knitter thing? is that almost everything is new. I joined The Meathead Knitalong and just like that, it's done! I figured I was getting fairly good at hats because it's funny that I live in Florida and knit so many hats I knit a few lately. All we had to do, was test knit and embellish with something of our own choice. I had a ball with this.



Here's a closeup:






I have 2 more hats on the needles, then 2 more to knit. Jeeze, will some one tell these people I live in Florida?!

I'm trying to get my squares off to Firefly for Project Gracious Parcels 2006 as well. Time is running out. I'll also post those when they're ready to go.

I probably will not post until after Thanksgiving, as we're hosting the dinner as is tradition here. There will plenty of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, some specialty foods and enough sugar to send all the residents of Cuba to college for 4 years.

I am thankful for my family, friends and all the awesome people I "met" right here in Blogville. I appreciate all the inspiration, creativity and talents you all never fail to provide. May you have as much to be thankful for as I do. x

12 comments:

Michelle Martino said...

Happy Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Enjoy your day with your family. We are heading off to Dallas, Texas tomorrow morning. This is year 3, that we have headed to the big "D" to see the Cowboys play the Thanksgiving day game. Totally fun, totally relaxing, totally NO extended family!! Gobble Gobble!!

Anonymous said...

Have a good one (we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here)!

The hat is too, too cool. x

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to post a Happy Thanksgiving before we all scatter for the holidays. If you are travelling, be safe.

Thanks for wonderful posts. I have enjoyed reading them and look forward to reading many more.

firefly said...

That's pretty cute Carol ... I wouldn't have thought of putting that kind of embellishment on a hat. Looks like a lot of fun.

~firefly

Anonymous said...

very cute! enjoy your holidays!

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for all of your kind comments and support of my blog, you always make me smile! I enjoy your blog, too. You show me a variety of projects, like these hats. They are a riot! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Like the hat very much...

I look forward to see more pictures of the hats you are making!

love Knittie

Anonymous said...

Awww, this hat is so cute, I love the embellishment! Great job, and - Happy Thanksgiving!

JanuaryOne Cara said...

Very nice embellishment!

Michelle Martino said...

you know, I visit your blog daily... so obviously have been visiting this photo for a few days... now this goes to show how oblivious I can be... I just noticed the face on the embellishment! HOW CUTE! You are the guru of embellishers!!! :)

Bridget said...

The hat is hilarious, I love it!

Sorry it took me so long to check in, but I hope you had an excellent Thanksgiving. Ours was just right.

OK, I guess I should get back to work ...

Anonymous said...

Very cute hat! I love the embellsihment you put on, it makes it.

What part of Florida?